Kevin Lossner, author of the Translation Tribulations blog which provides solutions to many technical issues in translation, will present ideas for better practice in terminology mining, management and sharing online for collaborative work. The technology discussed will include free and open source tools as well as commercial resources like IntelliWebSearch, memoQ and SDL MultiTerm.
The day will begin with a discussion of various ways to use web-based resources for sharing project terminologies for both online and offline use for nearly any choice of translation environment. This will be followed by tools and strategies for fast, effective discovery of frequent, key terminology in monolingual and bilingual documents to translate or in subject areas of interest.
Then there will be a brief discussion of ways to handle “dirty” (impossibly formatted) documents for terminology reference.
Next, we will cover the specific optimization of term bases and term properties in memoQ for better results in translation and quality assurance. Special configuration techniques for better term entry and match performance in memoQ will also be shown.
Finally, various means of creating accessible output of glossaries for different interest groups will be presented, which can raise your profile with customers and differentiate you from the competition.
The workshop will be held on the 30th of June in The Student Hotel West at Jan van Galenstraat 335 in Amsterdam. The workshop starts at 10 o’clock and includes a lunch break at 12.30. We continue at 13:00 through to 14:30.
Who should attend?
- Translators who want greater returns on their terminology investments
- Team leaders, and project managers and support staff responsible for terminology resources
- Technical department managers and tech-savvy company principals who want to get past the sales pitch and find cost-effective solutions that work
What are the benefits?
- Better teamwork through timely terminology sharing
- Faster, more effective discovery of frequently occurring specialist terminology
- Better access to critical terminology in many environments
- More efficient and accurate QA for terminology
- More accurate, efficient and fault-tolerant term use when translating with memoQ
- Greater flexibility to meet client terminology needs
Date: 30th of June 2018
Time: 10 to 14:30
Price: 120 euro + VAT (includes light lunch, tea/coffee and free hugs).
Student discount: 20%
Early bird price: 99 euro + VAT until 30th of April 2018
Please register by filling in the form below or sending us an e-mail.