20 & 21 May 2021, 13:00 -17:00 CET
Marta Bartnicka will be hosting two online sessions at 13:00 CET on Thursday 20 and Friday 21 May 2021, each lasting about 3 to 4 hours (including breaks!). Marta will prepare exercises for each attendee (in their own language combination). You will provide the exercise texts based on Marta’s specifications.
An end-of-session discussion will take place, where participants can ask questions on the topic and Marta will do her best to answer them. Ellen may pitch in, if she can’t resist… Marta has experience with various MT engines and will provide information on how to calculate productivity, whether MTPE is a good option for a specific project, and all the steps in the process.
After completing the online workshop, you will be able to negotiate fair terms with your customers and clients, based on data.
The early-bird price for the six-hour training course is €99 excluding VAT (valid until 1 May). From 1 May onwards, the price rises to €129 excluding VAT. There will be no more than 20 attendees.
If you have any questions, please raise them. ART was started and is here for the global community of translators (and interpreters). We usually organize workshops because we believe in the added value of networking among colleagues.
No hugs included as it is an online event! But Marek Pawelec’s e-book on MT in memoQ will be provided to all attendees (https://payhip.com/b/tF62).
- MT in 2021.
- Neural networks.
- What is “corpus” and “training”? Why are these terms important?
- Why are some language pairs more difficult than others?
- Purpose of MT: to understand the content, to generate text of normal quality.
- Post-editing best practices; does “light PE” make any sense?
- Post-editing exercises, taking into account the traps of NMT.
- How to assess whether MT helps me? (initial evaluation, productivity, edit distance, etc.)
- How to price post-editing. Which percentage is reasonable?
- Communication between translators, clients and MT providers.
- Do MT systems capture and store whatever we enter?
- ‘MT never asks’ – impact of source text quality, tags, etc.
- What to expect in the near future (Context is King).
- Issues raised by participants and proposed solutions.
Who should attend?
- Translators who want to post-edit.
- Post-editors who want to share experiences and learn best practice.
- Anyone with a bad impression of MT who wonders if it could work better.
- Anyone working with a client obsessed about using MT for everything.
- Anyone working with a client scared of using MT for anything.
- Anyone eager to start using MT.
- Anyone who would like to know what MT is and what it should and should not be used for.
|Date:||20 May 2021 and 21 May 2021|
|Time:||From 13:00 to 17:00 CET|
|Early-bird price:||€99.00 (excluding VAT, valid until 1 May)|
|Regular price:||€129.00 (excluding VAT, from 1 May onwards)|
|Registration:||Fill in the form below. ART will send you an invoice, which will include the VAT if applicable, to be paid before the event.|
Register for the workshop
To register for the workshop please fill in the registration form. You will receive an invoice with our payment data. Your registration will be confirmed once we receive your payment.
The form received by ART includes information indicating the workshop you are interested in. You do not need to add the name or date of the workshop on the form. You can indicate in the Additional remarks field whether you would like to register for another workshop or event with the same form should this be the case, or make any other comment.
Should you not have heard from us a few days after submitting the form, please contact Ellen Singer directly via email@example.com or +31 23 555 3079.